Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Kouign-Amann Raspberry and Blueberry

I am still not over with French desserts as the list is long! Today I made the Kouign-Amann and it was super delicious even  though the shaping is not so neat.  I will definitely make this again. The outside is so crispy while the inside is soft and full of berries flavor. 😋







Recipe for dough from➡️ Food Wishes. For the raspberry I cooked about 1/2 cup with 1 tbsp sugar and strain away the seeds. Then back to cook and add some cornstarch water to thicken the sauce a little bit. Cool before use.

Same for blueberries however, I used frozen. Smashing the blueberries a bit and add in cornstarch water (about 1/2 tsp plus some water) to thicken up a bit. Cool.

I didn't totally follow the instructions only the ingredients.  The difference between this dough and puff pastry dough is this have yeast. Folding wise is pretty much same as puff pastry dough. After a couple folds, I chilled the dough in refrigerator for 30 minutes then roll out and sprinkle sugar all over and try to roll sugar into dough. Then fold and roll out again. Repeat with sugar and roll back out.  Best to cover and chill a little before placing berries jam on as dough will be very soft.

Preheat oven 400F. Coat the muffin pan with some butter and sprinkle some sugar in. Cut the rolled dough and place into pan. Then sprinkle some sugar on top. All the sugar adding together, I used less than 1/2 cup for this recipe. Bake for 25 mins middle rack until golden.

No comments: