Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Water Lily and Guppies

I planted lotus a few months ago but due to neglect, , the algae killed them. So when I went to Lowes and saw the water lily on clearance for $3, I bought one home. This time to prevent the growth of algae, I clean my old fish tank to grow it indoor during winter. Then when my kids saw the fish tank, they asked where's the fish? Hmm...so I went and bought just one female guppy. I bought the one that looks pregnant since it'll be surprising if we get fry, plus I have not grow fish for so long it's safe to just get one fish to try first.

Surprisingly,  just after two days the guppy gave birth to 11 frys.🥳 We were pretty excited! Now it's already a couple weeks and the frys are larger. However,  not sure what happened to two of the frys, maybe the mother ate them or they got sucked up into the pump.🤷‍♀️ So far the fishes and water lily all growing happily in my small fish tank.




No comments: