Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Christmas Light Fruit Cake

I finally found the red candied cherry after searching a few stores! This is my first time trying this cake and not sure if I will like it or not so only make a small one. I think the reason why I want to try is because it's such a pretty cake with all the red, green, orange color making it so festive for the holidays. However, after excitingly baking and trying...I might have to eat everyday this a week to see if I really like it or not. Maybe tastes better as day passes or I'll learn to like it more?...πŸ˜… So far none of my family want a second bite! πŸ˜‚ I will try a cream cheese version which have no alcohol so kids might like it better I hope...since I have a lot of fruit candied left.😬

Edit: Eating cake the next day. It smells so good. Taste very good too. Cake with a hot cup of coffee! I think I'll make this cake just for me every year. πŸ˜†


I followed ➡️Apron recipes. Just changed the fruits a bit since I didn't have apricot.  I used red green cherries, pineapple,  orange peels, raisins, golden raisins, and dates.

*** Please note original batter a little dry so I used 113g butter and 2 xlarge eggs instead. I think a little bit more butter or milk to have a moist cake. My ingredients. 

  • Raisin & golden  40-50g 
  • Candied pineapple or apricot 40-50g
  • Red & green cherries 50g 
  •  Orange peel 20-25 g
  • Rum 100ml
  • Soak dried fruits overnight in fridge. 
  •  
  • Unsalted butter 113g / 8Tbsp room temp
  • Sugar 70g 
  • Xlarge eggs 2 (62g+- per egg)
  • Salt  1/4tsp
  • Cake flour 150g / plus 1-2 tbsp for coating
  • Baking powder  1/2tsp
  • Fresh milk 40-45ml
  • Vanilla extract 1/2tsp
  • Orange zest 1tsp optional
  •  
  • Pan size 21x6x8cm or 6in square 
  •  
  • Bake at 180°C / 350°F for 40-50 minutes 
  • Save left over fruit rum to brush on cake

No comments: