Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Green Grass Jelly Powder

I really love eating fresh green grass jelly. The jelly made from jelly vines also called cyclea barbata have a fresh leafy taste and some stated help with lowering high blood pressure too. Since living in the US, this plant is not easily available.  Thanks to my friend for sharing a plant with me a few years ago. I plant the vines in pots and need to bring them indoor every winter. And of course I can only eat when I get enough leaves.🤣

So trying to find alternative way, I thought there might be a powder form where I can make anytime of the year. Which I did find one. I was super excited but of course ended disappointed because taste and texture not same as the fresh leaves. The texture and taste is exactly like the canned version green grass jelly. Totally different than my vines. Guess I'll need to take better care of my vines so I can get more leaves out of them.😁

Made from green grass jelly powder

Strain at least twice since powder so small
 Jelly powder from supermarket. Bought for $1.59
Home grown jelly vines. Best grow on semi shade area
Color and taste of fresh jelly is so refreshing. Love the chewy texture too.😋


1 comment:

Helen said...

Hi Kristy,
I would like to have a green grass jelly plant like yours. Where did you buy it? Can you sell some cuttings. My daughter really like to eat it. She is a picky-eater. Thanks Kristy.
Helen