Thursday, April 9, 2020

Lychee Rose Chiffon Cake

My sister came back to visit and request I bake chiffon cake as she likes all chiffon.  I didn't want to do pandan as we eat that too often. So I made a lychee rose chiffon and decorated with lychee flavor cream and pink is the rose flavor. Inside filling also have shredded lychees. Simple decoration as we were in a rush...😁



Recipe adapted from JeannieTay limoncello chiffon. I replaced the limoncello liqueur with water and used 3/4 tsp lychee paste to batter. Also added a big drop of rose flavor for a light pink color of cake. Batter was divided into two 6" round pans. 

I added lychee paste for whipped cream and some rose flavor border cream. Inside cake is filled with lychee whipped cream and canned lychees. 

2 comments:

Sarah said...

What brand of lychee paste did you use? Want to try the recipe but I don’t know where to get it.

Kristy said...

Hi Sarah,

The brand for lychee is Butterfly. I bought the paste from Asian supermarket. You can also find the rose coloring flavor there too. I see them at most Asian supermarkets. The rose is Koepoe brand, Merah Rose.