Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Custard Cream Potato Buns

I feel I have too many hearts! I want to make potato buns since it looks so soft but then I also want to try custard cream buns because my kids probably prefer a bun with filling. So I ended up doing both. Using the recipe for potato bun and just add in custard fillings.





I'm using two recipes from Apron. 👉 custard and potato bread. Can make dough first and while it's proofing then make custard cream. When cream is ready fill in a pastry bag and set aside.

After dough doubled.  Knead to release air bubbles and divide dough into 8 about 62 grams each. Roll into flat circles then use a circle object to indent middle of circle.  I used about 1/2 egg white with 1-2 tsp water as eggwash to brush dough.  Then fill custard into dough. Proof again until double. Mine took about 35-40 minutes. 

Bake in middle rack at 350F for 17 minutes until golden.

No comments: