Monday, January 6, 2020

Fruit Tarts with Puff Pastry

My brother was complaining why my fruit tarts so big. He want bite sizes so he can just pop them in his mouth without having to use fork and he likes the crust to be puff pastry. He's asking so much but that gives me ideas and so I used puff pastry sheets from freezer to save work.  Used diplomat cream with is custard fold in whipped cream.😋









Using my two different size cutters to cut the first round then use a smaller cutter to cut the inner circle (not all the way) do not remove it. Bake at 400 F for about 15 minutes. Cool and cut the inner circle and press down. Then fill with cream and top with fruit. Glaze with apricot glaze.

Diplomat cream from Brunoskitchen

Note* I stacked the 2 sheets of pastry for a taller pastry which ended uneven puffs. So best to make a little bigger and shorter circle.

No comments: