Saturday, December 21, 2019

Panettone

Panettone is one of my mom favorites bread. I'll buy for her once in a while when we want some sweet bread. I have never thought of making this bread before until I see Uncle Barry sharing his recipe. So here I am baking bread at 3 am in the morning because proofing the dough took over 6 hours and then had to bake 3 batches.🥶 I'll just need to make sure I start my proofing early morning next time.😴😴😴

I tried two recipes, one from Uncle Barry and another from Brunoskitchen. Both came out delicious. This bread is good eating plain but I love it with my homemade orange marmalade!😋









Casing bought from bakedeco which I find cheaper compared to other places. 

Recipe from Brunoskitchen.  I reduced yeast to 4 tsp as recipe using too much yeast. The casing I used is 5 1/4" by 3 3/4" high. Using 550 grams dough. For smaller and shorter used 500 grams dough. Baked at 350F for 35 minutes.

The small panettone casing is 2 3/4" by 2" high. Using 90 grams dough. Baked at 350F for 20 minutes. 


No comments: