Monday, May 6, 2019

Egg Tarts with Puff Pastry

I'm still trying to make puff pastry for egg tarts. I'm using butter even though the recipe call for lard. I used most of my lard for wife cakes so didn't have enough for egg tarts...😆 The egg tarts turns out good but not very pretty. I think I might buy the ready made pastry next time to save some time and maybe store bought might look better. 😄 This recipe only uses 80g sugar which is on low sugar side so just barely sweet. Will need to add a little more sugar if you like sweet. I also add in one yolk to the water dough and reduced some water. Used cold butter and food processor to make both oil and water dough.

Recipe from gwenskitchencreations


Filled tarts all the way up. Recipe can make 18-20 tarts.
Baked at 4th level 25 mins at 180C
Prebaked shells too puffy so need to press the center down before filling.
Prebaked shells 200C for 10 minutes but still white. Will need to move tarts to level 2 instead of 3 for golden shells. 10 minutes

No comments: