Tuesday, November 10, 2020

My Persimmon Trees

 I planted three persimmon trees over 10 years ago. Only last year I harvested a lot of fruits from them. This year still have a lot on one of the tree but not as good as last year. I read this is normal for persimmon tree where one year good while another year fruits dropping. I remember I ordered one Ichi-ki-kei-jiro and Hachiya. However,  I believe the company sent me a wrong tree because the other fruit looks like a Fuyu, which is even better because the fruit is sweeter and fruit is larger. Ichi-ki-kei-jiro is good too, sweet and crispy but we like the fuyu more. I ordered both trees from Starkbros and they were barefooted which I planted during late fall. Sadly they didn't survive the winter but company is good to replace them with their 1 year warranty. I get mostly Jiro fruits this year as Fuyu dropped most fruits since it was fruiting a lot last year.

jiro



Picked some still a bit green because there was a frost warning one night so I got scared. I didn't pick all since some still very green. Even though the leaves gotten a bit damaged but the fruits were still okay. So I learn not to panic again and just leave the fruits on until orange all around before picking  to get the super sweet flavor. So far fruits on tree survived the 30F temperature. 

No comments: