Another stir-fry idea to eat with rice for lunch or dinner. Very simple dish but tastes great! Adjust the taste seasoning to the amount of vegetable and meat.
1-2 lbs Kai Lan Tips
1 cup chicken breast shredded
1 tbsp XO sauce (optional, use garlic to replace)
1-2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp fish sauce
1/4 cup water
1 tsp cornstarch + 3 tbsp water
1. Marinate chicken breast with 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp sugar, 1/2 tsp fish sauce, and 1 tsp oyster sauce. Marinate for 15 minutes.
2. Rinse kai lan well. Boil a pot of water enough to fit all kai lan in. Once the water is boiling, pour in kai lan. Wait for 1 minute and then drain kai lan. Rinse over cold water and drain.
3. Heat the wok and pour in XO sauce with some oil. Then add in the chicken to stir-fry. Stir until chicken is cooked.
4. Add in the kai lan and continue to stir-fry for couple (3-4) minutes until the kai lan is hot but not soft. Add in the water if the wok is dry. Add seasoning and taste.
5. Mix cornstarch with water and add to wok to thicken the sauce. Remove from heat.
6. Serve hot with rice.