This is the Vietnamese honey comb cake. It is sweet and chewy. The edges are crispy. It have the aroma of the coconut milk and pandan flavor. Tu can eat half a cake all by himself in an hour! This is a good breakfast item as it soften after microwave. Great with coffee too!
-2 cups tapioca starch
-200 ml thick coconut milk/cream (200ml = 1/2 can)
-3/4 cup sugar
-6 large eggs
-2 1/2 tsp baking powder (single acting, use Alsa or create your own with 2 tsp cream tartar + 1 tsp baking powder)
-2 pandan leaves and 1/2 tsp extract
1) Bring the coconut milk, sugar, and pandan leaves to boil. Add in the pandan extract and leave to cool. Sprain the mixture.
2) Sift the starch and baking powder together.
3) Turn on the over and preheat to 350' F. Brush some oil on the pan and heat the pan in the over for 3-5 minutes. Keep it hot until use.
4) Use a fork to stir the eggs. Remember to stir just enough to homogenize the whites and yolks.
5) Add in the coconut syrup and give it a few stir. Then sift in the tapioca mixture. Mix everything together with fork until smooth. Now Strain it in the heated pan.
6) Bake at 350'F for about 45 minutes, until golden. Turn off oven and let cake sit in there for another minute before taking it out.
7) Let it cool for a little before cutting.