Saturday, March 7, 2009

Mango Sticky Rice

This is a popular Thai dessert. At first I think it might be weird to eat sticky rice with fruit. But after trying I think mango and stick rice is a good combo. The fruit is refreshing and the sticky rice is soft and chewy with coconut aroma. I think it takes too long to steam the sticky rice so I place it in the rice cooker instead. The result is fast and still good.



Ingredients:

1 1/2 cup sticky rice (glutinous rice) soak for at least 2 hrs
2 ripe mangoes
1 can coconut cream or milk
3 1/2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp corn starch (or tapioca starch)
1/4 cup water
1/4 tsp salt

Method:

1. Wash soaked rice and place in rice cooker with half can of coconut milk, 2 tbsp sugar, 1/2 tsp salt. Mix well and cook. The coconut milk should be a little above the rice.

2. While the rice is cooking, we can place the other half of the coconut milk with 1 1/2 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp corn starch, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 cup water. Mix well and bring to boil. Stir constantly until slightly thicken.

3. When rice is cooked, fluff it with a pair of chopsticks. Scoop the rice into a bowl to and press to form shape. This way the rice and stick together.

4. To serve, peel and slice half a mango on the rice. Pour coconut milk over and server warm.

Serve 4

1 comment:

My Taste Heaven said...

I love the desserts that you made. I love desserts so much, that I think we both should open a shop selling all kinds of desserts !!! Yummy!!! That would be awesome~~

Thank you very much for adding me to your blogroll, I have added you too!Looking forward to sharing more and more delicious desserts with you.