Monday, March 29, 2010

Macapuno Ube Ensaymada

This is such a delicious bread. My husband and I love to eat them! He asked me to make them again and again. But I need to stop since these are pretty fattening. I can only eat this once a month....lol. Thanks to Manang for sharing this recipe. I only make half the recipe each time since it usually takes us 3 days to finish them. I usually wrap each bread in a sandwich bag and eat them each day.:)






Here is the link to the recipe: Supersoft Ensaymada
I used macapuno and ube paste as fillings for these bread. After the bread is cooled I used whipped butter and sprinkle with sugar.

Please follow the instruction and not be like me.....:)
I realized that I didn't follow directions...lol. I forgot to divide the flour into 3. I poured all the liquid into the flour and started mixing it with my chopsticks, then I realized why the dough is so hard...lol. Then I went back and read the directions..lol. Oops. So I went and melt the butter and add in the egg and 2 egg yolks. Then mix everything together and leave it to let it rise for 2 hours. Then I beat it down and let it refrigerate for just another hour...hehehe

9 comments:

Krissy @ The Food Addicts said...

nicely done! that's funny that you only allow yourself to eat it once a month. now when you say once a month.. do you mean just ONE roll, or the entire batch? hehe.

ch3rri said...

hehehehe....I have to eat two each time so one is not enough...lol. I would say the entire batch for each month. :)

That's Ron said...

yumo!

Manang said...

now you are getting ahead of me!
I should try these with the macapuno as well...I just got some jars of macapuno last month. I should have gotten more!

Mike said...

Hello,

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!

We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."

It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your
interview.

Best regards,

Mike Thomas

ch3rri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi! i was wondering where you got the macapuno and ube paste. I really wanted to try this recipe but i just don't know where to get these ingredients.

ch3rri said...

You can get the macapuno at the Asian supermarket. They are in a glass jar next to the canned fruits or canned desserts. I think they have yam paste too. I made mine from scratch and didn't really measure the ingredients when I made it.

Anonymous said...

where's the recipe?