Saturday, October 24, 2009

Back from China

China trip was great! Ate a lot and walked a lot. Traveled to 5 cities in 11 days. We went to Beijing, Xian, Guilin, Yangshuo, and Shanghai. Visited Forbidden City, Tiananmen Gate Tower, Temple of Heaven, Great Wall, Ming Tombs and Sacred Way, Imperial Garden of Qing Dynasty, Hutong Culture by Rickshaw, Terra Cotta Army sight, Xian City Wall, Shaanxi History Museum and Big Wild Goose Pagoda, Reed Flute Cave, Elephant Trunk Hill, cruised Li River to Yangshuo, cruised Huangpu River in Shanghai and visited the Site of First National Congress of the Chinese Communist Party. We finally walked the Great Wall of China....just a small part of it.:) The steps were over a foot high! We also visited some of the local supermarkets for snacks! A great trip! Now I have to save my vacation again so I can visit other countries. Here are some pictures to share. :)



















5 comments:

xoladiihoneyxo said...

lol. wow, seems like you had lots of fun!!! You didn't eat any scorpions did you? haha.

Zoe said...

Wow! Looking at your pictures sure brought back a lot of memories. I went to China many years ago. In fact, I went back a few more times and visited different places. Guilin was so beautiful. Did you take ask them to take all the beautiful scenery in Guilin while you on the cruise? I remembered they took about 20 pictures or so for me and put them in an album. They would have a line of poem under each picture.

Looks like you had a blast. Was this your honeymoon? I remembered you got married in October. Thank you for sharing.

Cheers,
Zoe

Zoe said...

Wow! Looking at your pictures sure brought back a lot of memories. I went to China many years ago. In fact, I went back a few more times and visited different places. Guilin was so beautiful. Did you ask them to take all the beautiful scenery in Guilin for you while you on the cruise? I remembered they took about 20 pictures or so for me and put them in an album. They would have a line of poem under each picture.

Looks like you had a blast. Was this your honeymoon? I remembered you got married in October. Thank you for sharing.

Cheers,
Zoe

ch3rri said...

Yes, this was our honeymoon...lol. It's more so a vacation than a honeymoon since this trip was not as relaxing as going to Hawaii. Everyday was a full day from 9 to 7...lol. A lot of walking and eating...but it was fun since we're young and energetic. Good that we do this before we have kid...lol. Will have to plan for another one next year. :)

Zoe said...

Cool. It's very tiring if you go with a tour. You have to go according to their schedule. We just came back from Hawaii for our vacation/anniversary. I still did not have time to update my blog with the pictures from Hawaii. But Hawaii was less tiring from China I am sure. You are right. You do need a lot of energy when you go to China Tour. I done my part when I was younger :-)

Cheers,
Zoe